Sunday, March 30, 2008

scheduled


We have G's clubfoot surgery scheduled. April 25. I am feeling anxious about it, and I think the biggest reason for that is I have time to prepare. His shunt surgeries were stressful, no doubt, but I didn't have a lot of time to get ready. I just had to go ahead with it.

G STILL doesn't have a wheelchair, and we STILL haven't heard anything either way- approved or denied. He's getting around in a wheelchair my dad made him, and it is stinkin' adorable. He's also been cruising along the couch!! This is big stuff. Of course, he'll have his surgery and that'll set him back for a bit, but it will also help him in the long run.

It's been so busy, but it's also been nothing major, so all is well. :)

4 comments:

Angela said...

That is the cutest wheelchair I've ever seen! It took us the good part of a year to get Jack's and now we're heading back to the seating clinic this month...back to the drawing board so to speak!

WAY TO GO on cruising the furniture!!!

I will keep everyone in my thoughts on April 25th and look forward to an update!!!

Hang in there! Sending our love...

Angela

Rural Felicity said...

Thank you, Angela! My dad is so talented! I have a youtube video of him rolling around in it.

This wheelchair process is tedious! I hope it goes smoothly for you at seating clinic.

Mel said...

I love the wheelchair! I'm glad he can get around in it.

Woohoo on cruising furniture. That is so cool!

Rural Felicity said...

Thank you, Mel! The cruising is brief, but in the last couple of weeks he's strengthened so much! I'm really dreading the surgery recovery as he'll be in casts 6-8 weeks and we'll lose a bit of ground!