Tuesday, November 14, 2006

This Blog

I'm trying to decide what I want this blog to be about. I have a livejournal account, and I find I write there most often.

What do I write about that is relevant to my blog's title or that would be interesting? I thought maybe I'd post about the weather and about the mundane happenings of my day. This is my life.

We'll see what happens, I guess!

Today, in my part of the world, there is some snow on the ground, and the wind is blowing. The sky is gray, and the fields are golden and browns with patches of snow. My rose bush is beastly huge, since I didn't prune it at the end of the summer, and it has some dead leaves and rose hips lingering on its branches. My yard is in a very sorry state, and I'm shamed to think of my previous goals for gardening.

I'm of the mind, in regards to gardening, that it's something you do if you're rich or old. Of which, I'm neither. I want my money to go other places, so my garden is sorely neglected. My gorgeous climbing rose doesn't seem to care, and my irises haven't protested too much either.

I don't have a lot of time I'm willing to dedicate to gardening at this point. I have four small children, one with special needs, and my time is limited. The kids are now getting old enough, I think, where they are going to be a lot more helpful and a lot less in the way. I tried when my first two were younger, and I quit after my third because I lost the joy of the relaxation of working in the garden.

I'm thinking of having the older two kids join 4-H and perhaps we'll all gain a love and interest in horticulture.

It is time for me to get ready for the baby's physical therapy. I was a slacker in putting him in his vertical stander this past week.

No comments: